Know before you go
Registration for ticketed guests for the Extra Yard for Teachers Summit begins at 9:30 am on Saturday, January 7th. You do not need to bring your printed ticket with you; we will have names at the door. Please enter from the Convention Center's Franklin Street Entrance. The Summit is in Ballrooms B-C of the Convention Center, on the first floor once you're inside. We'll have way-finding signage to help you navigate.
Summit Registration Opens: 9:30 am
Note: The Summit is a ticketed event, and registration is currently full.
Your name must be on the list of registered guests to get in. You do not need a physical ticket.
Theater Doors Open: 9:50 am
Summit Starts: 10:00 am
Summit Ends/Teachers' Lounge Opens: 12:00 pm
Teachers' Lounge Ends: 4:00 pm
The following entry policies will be in effect at the Tampa Convention Center:
- All individuals will be subject to a search upon entry
- Bag Policy:
- Approved: clear tote not to exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
- Approved: small clutch purse not to exceed 5.5” x 8.5”
- Prohibited: backpacks, briefcases, camera and computer bags, coolers, luggage
- Note: this is the bag policy for Playoff Fan Central; if you plan to visit Playoff Fan Central while in the Convention Center for the Summit or Teachers' Lounge, you will need to abide by the Playoff Fan Central bag policy.
**Failure to comply with these entry policies will result in denial of entry.
The following items will be prohibited from the Extra Yard for Teachers Summit and the Teachers' Lounge:
- Animals (except service animals to aid guests with disabilities)
- Bottles, cans, coolers and beverage containers of any kind (except for guests with medical/dietary needs)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Outside food
- Fireworks, firearms and weapons of any kind
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers or noisemaking devices of any kind
- Signs or flags on sticks, poles or larger than what one person can hold
- Video cameras, tripods, monopods and camera with a lens longer than four inches (detachable or non-detachable)
- Chairs, stools or other seating devices
**Any other item(s) determined by management to be dangerous or inappropriate will not be allowed into the Summit and Teachers' Lounge.
Getting to the Tampa Convention Center:
The physical address for the Convention Center is 333 South Franklin Street in Tampa, FL. Please see the TCC website for directions to the venue. Additionally, the map below (in the parking section) has information on public transportation options to get to the Convention Center.
- Paid parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis at the Tampa Convention Center Garage and South Regional Garage.
- Please see the TCC's map with the location of the garages.
- Please let the garage attendant know you are there for the Extra Yard for Teachers Summit.
- Parking will cost $1.60 an hour with a max rate of $9.50 after five hours.