JOIN US IN TAMPA
The Summit is Saturday, January 7th at the Tampa Convention Center. From 10-12, teachers with tickets (registration is currently full and on a wait list) will hear from awesome speakers and special guests who come with one mission: to honor, inspire, celebrate and empower teachers.
The list of 2017 presenters includes:
- Rachel Baribeau, Sirius XM Sportscaster
- Lori Bradner, AVID Coordinator at Randall Middle School
- Courtney Ferrell, Founder of Girl Up
- Ashley Grimes, Instructional Staff Developer for Physical Education & Wellness at Pinellas County Schools
- Nicki Hancock, Former Teacher
- Jahana Hayes, 2016 National Teacher of the Year
- Christian Long, School Designer
- Lamar Mills, Behavior Coach at Woodlawn Elementary
- Lavie Raven, 2016 Fund for Teachers Fellow
- Taylor Reed, Musician
- Don Yu, Director of the Better Make Room Campaign
- Joaquin Zihuatanejo, Emcee, Spoken Word Artist
After the Summit concludes at noon, the Teachers' Lounge will open next door in Ballroom A. The Lounge is designed to be a come-and-go "home base" for teachers around the CFP championship campus activities. It's free and open to both Summit attendees and any teacher or educator with a teacher ID. There's no formal program in the Lounge: just fun activations like chair massages, a local idea exchange showcasing ideas and resources from Tampa-based teachers, and pop-in appearances (including the official CFP Championship Trophy!). Click here to learn more about the Lounge.
Looking for information about parking, schedules, what you can bring? Check out the Know Before You Go page.
At its core, this Summit invites all of us to connect with the remarkable possibility and passion of teaching. It's not about politics, pedagogy, or partisanship; instead, we'll spend the day putting teachers in the spotlight and cheering them on as they head back into the second half of the year.